- English Language Arts units integrated with science and social studies topics that focus on information reading skills and critical thinking.
- Math program that requires students to understand and then apply mathematical concepts to real world problems.
- Science taught both in the classroom and in our new STEM classroom which features more hands on activities that extend and enhance classroom instruction.
- Four year old preschool program funded by GSRP.
- Full-day Kindergarten for all students.
- Accelerated learning opportunities built in to daily instruction.
- On-going assessments to ensure students are making sufficient academic progress.
- Integrated Paragon program in the afternoon, including social science, literature, philosophy, drama, music, art, science, history, math, geography, and character development through the hands-on study of “great ideas” in world culture.
- Art, physical education, and music for alll.
- Before and after school DHS approved childcare.
- Strong student accountability measured by a national standardized test.
- Individualized personal learning plans for every child.
- Conferences 4 times per year to keep parents better informed of their students progress.
- After-school and summer tutorial programs.
- Title 1 reading and math teachers to help students who are struggling in the core areas.
- Individualized computerized tutoring program for all students.
- State Street Academy Academy participates in all mandated state testing programs (MEAP).
- All teachers and administrators are highly qualified as required by the State of Michigan.